Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not Too Bad

I weighed myself out of curiosity this morning. I only weigh a half a pound more than I did when I stopped keeping track of calories. That is after two days of counting calories and walking once. That is very motivating!



What I did right yesterday


I didn’t go over on calories. Actually, I had to estimate both lunch and dinner so I could have been a little over or a little under, but that’s okay. A friend made dinner, which is always nice. I ate what I thought would consume the rest of the calories I had for the day and I must have been close, because I was hungry before bed. I figure that is a good sign that I didn’t eat too much.



What I could have done better


I ate lunch out yesterday – Chinese food. I could have eaten a healthier lunch since I knew my dinner plans, but I ate way less than I would have normally at that particular restaurant and the calories I estimated for lunch weren’t bad at all. I didn’t exercise yesterday. My feet hurt after my long walk Monday. I’m pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis so I don’t want to push it or make it worse. (I’m hopeful that weight loss will help or completely get rid of this problem.) I really need to find an alternative exercise to walking. Here is my problem though. We have a friend staying with us for a couple of months and I’d feel weird doing anything in the house. We have an elliptical machine in the room he is staying in. I’d love to move that to another room, but it is crazy heavy so I’ll probably just have to wait until he leaves to use it. I’m kicking myself for not swimming in our pool much before it got too cold. It’s not as helpful for lap swims as a pool at the YMCA or a gym would be since it has a shallow end, but it would still be good exercise for me. Next year I plan to buy goggles and, GASP, a bathing suit. (I’ve been swimming in swim shorts and t-shirts.) That’s a good long-term goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment