Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Good Day - Back on Track (It feels GREAT)

Okay, I didn't jump right back on the horse, but I'm back now. Here is how yesterday went.



Things I did right




I did great calorie-wise. I ordered a chicken sandwich, baked potato, and Diet Coke for dinner from Wendy’s. I didn’t check the bag until I got home (darn it!). They gave me fries instead of a baked potato and Sprite instead of a Diet Coke. I only ate the sandwich. I’m VERY proud of that!






I tracked my calories with My Fitness Pal. I ended up under my allowed calories for the day, because I didn’t get the baked potato. I also didn’t eat the calories I burned by exercising. I wanted to get a walk in before it got dark so I didn’t find something else to eat when I got home. I wasn’t hungry after my walk. I don’t actually like eating too close to bedtime, which is weird for someone who can EAT, I think. As long as I’m above 1200 calories for the day and not over the amount My Fitness Pal has recommended, I’m thrilled. I figure it’s also okay to eat the calories I burn while exercising, but I don’t think I have to at this point. Maybe, if (fine, when) I hit a plateau, I’ll be more deliberate about this to see what works best.




I walked for 50 minutes. I took it somewhat slow, because I haven’t exercised seriously in about three weeks. I did burn about 437 calories, which is fantastic! I need to find another type of cardio I can do I home so can use different muscles and give me body a break from pounding the pavement every day. Walking every other day would be great. I’ll have to think about what would work best on non-walking days.




Things I could have done better



I didn’t make the best food choices. I could have made dinner instead of picking up food on my way home. I’m thinking on walk days, I should cook dinner after I walk, if my kids can wait an extra hour for dinner. We’ll see. If nothing else, I can cook right when I get home and eat after I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment