Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 16 - Still Going Strong (WAHOO!)

I've been plugging along eating better and being more active for over two weeks! It has been mostly easy! I don't know what is different this time, a combination of things, I suppose. I know this time I am making a permanent change. I've thought that before, but there was always doubt. I have no doubt this time. None! I've lost about 12 pounds. I feel better, lighter even, and more energetic. There have been times when it has been rough, but I haven't been tempted to just start eating with abandon. I consider that a HUGE victory. I bought a Polar heart rate monitor (FT60F), which I love. I was way underestimating how many calories I was burning while walking. That isn't necessarily a bad thing at this point, since not eating those extra calories probably helped me lose so much weight the first two weeks. However, I don't want to lose weight as fast as possible. I want to be healthy and keep my metabolism roaring. Plus, I don't want to feel like I'm starving either. That might make me say forget it and start eating everything in sight. So, so far so good. This is the longest I've made a change since...I can't actually remember. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment